Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

BFA Show

Sorry I'm not posting any actual paintings at the moment, but I thought I should go ahead and write something about my BFA show all the same. After all, it will be up next week! It is titled, "The Faces of Nature," and it consists of seven total paintings that have been completed within the last year. It will be on display at BYU in the HFAC on the west wing of the fourth floor from October 16-31 with an opening reception on the 17th from 7-9.

Other than that, Nate and I are as busy as ever. Our lives have been complicated by the fact I have now been quite sick for over a week. The doctor diagnosed me today with mono and left me unsure of how much longer I will have to spend my time here at home trying to recover. Nate has been amazing in helping me with so much that I just don't have energy to do. This has included helping put together my show. I don't think it would be happening without him.

10 comments:

heath said...

Mono?! That's not cool. Oh Rebecca, I sure hope it is short-lived. Can't wait for your BFA show!

Unknown said...

PLEASE post some paintings because I can't stand not being able to see the show...and I'm soo sorry you have mono...why is it that you always get sick right in the middle of your most stressful moments? oh wait. :)

Lindsay said...

Mono? Yucky! I hope you get better real, real quick!

And I'm with Amy -- please post pictures of your paintings. I'm also sad I can't come see it. :)

jeanine said...

Ditto to the above... please post pictures so that I can see your work!!! And hope that you get well soon!

nateandrebecca said...

Don't worry. I will post pictures eventually. It probably just will not be until after my show is over. I don't have time (or energy) to get digital files made of my pictures before then. I am sorry for the delay, but I will get them up eventually!

mcampbell said...

Oh no! Mono! That is so, so lame.

Best of luck with that--take care of yourself, okay?

And I would also love to see your artwork. What a huge accomplishment!

lori said...

Rebecca! Not mono!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!! I hope, hope, HOPE you get better soon!
We can't wait to see the paintings!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Nate and Rebecca! I found you. And I'm sad that I found one of you sick. I hope you get better soon. Good luck on the BFA show!

heath said...

Rebecca, I'm so sorry I didn't make it to your opening! But I was able to see your exhibit today (bonus for me living in the HFAC!). It was so great--I can't wait to spend a little more time with your paintings (I was on my way to teach a lesson, so I didn't get to linger like I would have liked).

Nancy said...

Sad to hear that you having been feeling well.

We saw your art show last night--wanted to write in your book but couldn't find a pen. Sorry :)

Beautiful work. I love the deserty ones the best. :) Something about the red rock and the blue sky...