Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lists

Lately Rebecca and I have been into making lists of things. It all started with the weekly grocery list, and seeing how well it worked, we branched out into all sorts of lists. Usually its only a figure of speech, i.e "Oh! we have to _____ sometime! Add it to the list. " But one day I just decided to take it literally, so I wrote it down on our fridge's white board. Here are the current written lists.

Food to Make
-Desserts (yes, we actually have sub-categories)
  1. Blueberry Pie
  2. Rasberry Pie
  3. CheeseCake
-Other (the food groups as we see them)
  1. Cheese Pretzels
  2. Chow Mein
  3. Lazagna
Movies to Watch
  1. Tarzan (because I've never seen it)
  2. Wait until Dark ( Rebecca's family gave this to us for Christmas)
  3. Meet the Robinsons (this one actually just got crossed off as of last night)

we also have the following lists, which until now haven't been officially recorded anywhere.

Books to Read
  1. Nicholas and Alexandra (In Progress; this non-fiction book gives the history of the last tsar of Russia and his family, including Anastasia)
  2. The World is Flat
  3. James Harriet Series (All things _________ and _________)
  4. I Robot
Dates to Go On (anyone who wants to join us, make yourselves known (couples preferred).)
  1. Bowling
  2. Macey's Soft Serve Ice-cream
  3. Snow Shoeing (just crossed this one off yesterday. we went up south fork canyon to Big Springs. Unfortunately we forgot our camera. We did take some mental pictures though.)
  4. Snow tubing
  5. Some on-campus show
Coupons/Gift Certificates to Use (many of which could be dates as well)
  1. Good Wood Barbecue
  2. Great Harvest Bread
  3. Macey's
  4. University Mall (especially restaurants, like Carrabba's, P.F Changs, etc.)
  5. Hogi yogi
  6. Rock Quarry
Feel free to add suggestions to our lists, if you want...

7 comments:

Andy M said...

Ooo, which tarzan?

Lindsay said...

Ah! I LOVE lists. Such fun, lists are.

On my "to read" list:
- The Pianist by Wladyslaw Szpilman
- Prisoner of Trebekistan: A Decade in Jeopardy by Bob Harris
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Wonderful Town ed. by David Remnick

Myra Bybee said...

oh can I come on your dates with you? Please!? I wouldn't act like a third wheel at all. I promise.
oh and I like your new photo on the top of the blog. It is cute!

Unknown said...

I love lists like this. I live for them. I even have a book that is just for keeping track of the books you want to read, etc. It's pretty empty right now though-I need some suggestions!

Erika said...

Instead of adding things to your existing list, I thought I would just give you a new list.

Friends to Make Food For:
1. Erika Childs

Unknown said...

wait until dark is really, really scary and really, really cool. Definitely watch that one.

(sarah turner-dunster here, just to let you know I'm not a random stranger)

wes said...

What fun! You guys are so great!

-lori and wes