Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

First of all, I want to thank anyone who actually took time to look into the information posted in our previous post. Unfortunately, this bill is still moving forward at this point, but it is not too late to say something about it or write. I also want to thank all of you who remembered us and wished us a happy anniversary. We have been wanting to create a post about our fun anniversary activities, so we are sorry for the delay.

We decided to celebrate our anniversary by spending a few days in a condo in Brian Head and visiting fun things around there. It is very off-season there, so we were able to get a cozy condo for a very good price. We headed up Saturday and returned Wednesday evening. We spent a good deal of time there just relaxing, playing games, and enjoying the view. Sunday we also visited Nate's family living in the area.

On Monday, the day of our anniversary, we drove to Bryce Canyon National Park. We spent most of our time there hiking the "figure 8:" the Navajo, Queens, and Peekaboo trails, which all connect. These trails go down into the hoodoos. It was SO beautiful!













Then we drove to the end of the park and hiked the short Bristlecone Pine trail (which was mostly still covered in snow). Then on our way out, we stopped by Bryce and Inspiration Points. This place is simply spectacular!


When we got back, we enjoyed an anniversary cake our good friend Gretchen (who also made our original wedding cake) made for us before we left. Then on Tuesday we drove to Zion National Park. We started out there by hiking Angel's Landing.




After Angel's Landing, we visited Weeping Rock, hiked into Hidden Canyon, and took the short trail to the first Emerald Pool before heading back to our condo. It was wonderful! Our trip was such a great break from school and work, and we had tons of fun. (If you want to see a few more pictures from our trip, click here.)

8 comments:

jeanine said...

So glad that you had a great anniversary! Looks like a fun time!

heath said...

Ooooh, Angel's Landing. That is a scary hike. I've never made it all the way! What beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good anniversary!

Amy F. P. said...

Happy anniversary. It sounds like you guys had a great getaway. I love all the pictures. They're beautiful.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! That sounds like so much fun...for someone else to go do :) no, it really does sound great :)

Lindsay said...

What a fun little getaway! Happy 1st Year!

Myra Bybee said...

Happy Aniversary! Those are some fancy pics!

Erika said...

I can't believe that it has already been a year. It looks like you guys had a great trip. Happy Anniversary!

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

Rebecca... I just found your blog... Happy Happy Anniversary.

Looks like all's well in your corner. I just wanted you to know that I think you are fantastic and I'm glad you still exist in the flesh.

Much love from an old art buddy,

Meridth