Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pack Meeting Hike

Saturday morning we went on a hike for the cub scout pack meeting (since Nate is the leader and I help out a lot too). For the hike, we headed up Centerville Canyon a little ways. We made a bingo game for the kids to play along the trail, and those who wanted to looked for items such as different plants, animals, and bugs to cross off.




Those who made it far enough got to see this waterfall across the canyon. I was impressed that some of the younger kids held up so well, including one girl who was at the front of the group much of the time. She did get pretty tired on the way back though, so Nate carried her for part of the way.







At the end of the trail there were cookies for everyone to close the activity. It was fun. I really like how pack meetings get the whole family involved in things and allow siblings who aren't in scouts to participate.




After the hike Nate and I headed to Salt Lake City where we visited the Conference Center and saw the church's international art competition/show. There were a lot of really nice pieces there, along with some bizarre stuff, but it was really fun to see. I even have a couple classmates from BYU who made it into the show and had the church buy their pieces. If you are in the area and have a chance, we would recommend visiting it.

1 comment:

lori said...

Wes and I are determined to follow your lead and do some fun hikes this summer!!!

Love you guys! Need to see you sometime!