Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Figure Painting Workshop

Last week I attended a figure painting workshop at the Center for Academic Study and Naturalist Painting in Provo. While the workshop had the option of attending for up to four weeks, I only went one week since the commute was very long and tiring. Since I am not planning on posting this on my website, and some requests have been made to see it, I am posting it here.


I spent a few hours for 5 days working on this figure study. Obviously, it is not finished, but I didn't expect I would finish it in the time I had. I am glad I went though; I definitely felt that the workshop was helpful and that I learned a good deal there.

6 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I really, really like this painting--even if it's not finished. It's not like Van Gogh ever felt the need to cover his whole canvas, anyway.

Jenny said...

I love this. Rebecca, I've been curious and have wanted to ask you this several times...but, say someone were to send you a picture, and you were to paint that picture...what would you charge for something like that? Probably an 8x10 or 11x13 size.

Unknown said...

I am way impressed

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

So amazing!!! Such a great talent. I always love looking at your artwork!

lori said...

A-Ma-Zing! Just beautiful!

GayLynn said...

I wish I could have attended that workshop with you! What a beautiful start to your painting. I actually like leaving some areas undone. Keep up the good work.