Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Illustration Alumni Show

There is currently a BYU Illustration Alumni Show being held on campus in the HFAC. It will be up until July 14th. It is open to the public and completely free! Pieces from the show can be found on the main level of the HFAC and along the balcony halls of the fourth and fifth floors.

The show consists of works from those who have been in BYU's illustration program over the past 30 years. Current and past faculty members also have work on display. It is really interesting to see what alumni have done with their degrees. You will find all sorts of different art work there: gallery work, children's book illustration, fabric design, character design, portraiture, graphic novel illustration, and much more.

The opening night was this last Friday, June 18th. All alumni and their spouses were invited, so Nate and I went. We found the piece I entered on the main level next to several other landscapes. Not only was it really fun to see everyone's work there, it was also a lot of fun to talk with some of my fellow students and my old teachers, many of whom I haven't seen or talked to since I finished at BYU.

In any case, if you are in the area and get the chance, I would recommend stopping by to check out the show. And if you do, I would love know what you think...

2 comments:

jeanine said...

I wish I could come see!

lori said...

OH! Thanks for the heads up! We can't wait to go!!!

(and we can't wait to meet Zipper in person!!=)