I made the cake from the recipe she requested. It didn't look quite as good as Martha Stewart's picture but that's probably because I didn't use 6 cups of frosting like her recipe called for. Everyone said it was delicious but just as a warning to anyone tempted to try the frosting recipe, you have to stir it constantly over low heat for about 30 minutes and then put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring it every 15 minutes or so. (I don't think Rebecca knew what she was getting me into when she requested this recipe!)
The party went well. Rebecca's family was very nice and came early to help with some large projects we had in the yard. Then we had a very nice dinner of Parmesan chicken and wild rice (by Rebecca), cheesy broccoli and onions as well as Lion House rolls (from Gram and Aunt Stephanie and Aunt Rosanne), and a variety of fresh fruit (from Julie).
After dinner, we opened presents. Rebecca and I have been working for the past few months (in the few free minutes here and there) on Austin's gift; a toy box. Rebecca cut out the letters on the scroll saw she got for Christmas. I think she did a great job.
We had him open our present first because we knew he would be getting plenty of things to put right into it. Rebecca's family gave him a lot of nice clothes and books and toys as well as some money to put in his savings account. They were all very generous.
Rebecca got some books as well, but hers were a little longer. She also got a ladder and an organizer for the garage. I haven't actually given her my gift yet, because it is new rose bushes for the front yard and the nursery won't start carrying them for another week or so.
The most entertaining part of the evening was giving Austin his very first cupcake. Here's the video and some pictures of the aftermath.






4 comments:
Happy birthday Rebecca and Austin!
Wow. Amazing party for a super cute Austin. You guys are talented and should through parties professionally. If not, you should throw one for me ;)
Awesome job on the cake & cupcakes! I loved the cowboy theme--do you, by chance, have a cricut to cut all that cute stuff out?
Happy Birthday Rebecca! I bet Austin enjoyed the cake almost as much as you!
Thanks Angela! To answer your question...I don't use Cricut...that wouldn't work for me since it doesn't let you use your own designs without buying additional software. But I do have a cutting machine, which I use to cut out all the card and favor box designs that I sell through my business.
Post a Comment