Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mother's Day and Father's Day

Our Mother's Day celebrations were a bit spread out this year. We ended up having a nice Mother's Day dinner the week beforehand with my family, but because the dinner was moved up early, we didn't have our gifts ready. Therefore, we gave out gifts when we met up with my family again the week after Mother's Day. This year I decided to cut out little vases for my mom, mother-in-law, grandmothers, and aunts. I then cut flowers out of dowels and painted everything. They were fun to make and I think they turned out pretty well.




On Mother's Day itself, we stayed home and Austin and Nate gave me a replacement pocketknife for the one we accidentally lost to airport security plus some more flowers to plant in our front yard.


We met with my family again for Father's Day. I made Nate, my dad, my grandpa, and my father-in law toolboxes out of cardstock and wooden turtle shaped massagers. Now Austin can give Nate massages by "driving" the turtle on his back.




We also gave Nate a new axe. Now we can chop our large stack of logs into smaller pieces of firewood.



1 comment:

Angela said...

You've always been so thoughtful with your gifts, and you are so amazing with your talents!