Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentine's Day

This year I was in charge of our Valentine's Day date activity, and Nate was in charge of the dinner. We did our date the Friday before Valentine's day. Nate opted to go out for dinner instead of making something this year, so he made reservations at a restaurant, and he had flowers waiting for me at the table there when we arrived...which was very sweet of him.


Our date was partially determined by the choice of pictures Nate picked out. I had a series of pictures that were loosely associated with different date options. Nate ended up picking out a picture of a push pin...which meant we went bowling (with bowling pins). I am normally a lousy bowler. I enjoy the game, but I rarely do very well. I was therefore surprised that I scored 119 this time. I think that is possibly the highest score I have every gotten before.

After bowling, we headed to a city Valentine dance. They had a live band there playing classic old songs. There were also refreshments, raffle prizes, and photos. We enjoyed ourselves, and Nate won a car travel bag at the tail end of the event.


Of course, we spent a good deal of time on Valentine's Day delivering homemade cookie Valentines to our friends and neighbors as usual. Nate also attempted to make a fancy dessert: a chocolate mousse cake. Unfortunately, it didn't really turn out as it was supposed to. The mousse never set up, but it still tasted good even if it did look messy.

Before taking the unset top layers out of the pan

After taking the unset top layers out of the pan

1 comment:

heath said...

I love that you guys make the most of the holidays. Royce and I gave up on Valentine's a long time ago, though I did attempt to make him a nicer dinner this year. It didn't turn out great, so I think next year we'll do Wendy's or something. And I think the mousse looks yummy.