With a pending adoption on the horizon, and the possibility of the baby coming early, we were unsure if we would be home for Halloween this year. As things turned out though, we were. We enjoyed a Halloween party the Friday before Halloween at my parent's house.
Nate and I just re-used costumes from a different year that we had on hand. However, Austin re-used a Batman cape my brother had as a kid. I added a mask, belt, and shirt to complete his costume. As it turned out, Austin's cousin Abbie also dressed similar, albeit more feminine attire. Her parents dressed as super heroes of sorts too, so all together they made a fun looking team.
We all had fun all carving jack-o-lanterns too.
Well...most of us. Abbie was more interested in some books, and Gram and Gramp were a bit too tired to catch all the carving action...
After we finished off some doughnuts, we watched Hocus Pocus. The last time I saw that movie I was twelve, and I had forgotten how corny it was...
On Halloween itself, we all dressed up again and went trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. Austin had a great time and collected lots of treats.
We also carved a jack-o-lantern to leave out for trick-or-treaters coming to our house. We got the pumpkin from my parents who grew carving pumpkins this year. This one turned out looking like two pumpkins that were stuck together. It turned out that that is what they looked like inside too; there was a wall between the two sides. So, we carved separate faces on each side.








No comments:
Post a Comment