
We like to eat breakfast. There is no denying the fact; it is a tradition we are completely sold to. So, when we dropped by Smith's to rent a movie from the Red Box there Friday evening, we were ecstatic to discover they were having a sale on Post Cereals, 8 boxes for 8 dollars! We didn't take the time to get any at that moment, but we certainly didn't hesitate to return to Smith's yesterday to stock up. There was a catch to the sale though: you could only get 8 boxes at a time. So, we got 8 boxes each, and went though the line twice each, ending up with a total of
32 boxes of Post Cereal and a half gallon of chocolate milk that we couldn't pass up. We even had a couple of extra coupons that came out with the receipts of our first purchases, so in total we got all of this for $33.96. Enthralled with our success, we hurried home to add our newest additions of our collection to our dwindling stash of leftovers from other similar sales (a total of 8 other cereal boxes, a box of instant oatmeal, and 3 boxes of Pop Tarts). For your enjoyment, we also decided to take pictures of our cereal purchases to record the moment.

To further add to our breakfast pleasures, we were pleasantly surprised this morning to find two free sample boxes of cereal with our newspaper. We are looking forward now to many mornings of delicious and delightful breakfast feasts.
7 comments:
Holy moly, that's a lot of cereal! Excellent price, though. Go you.
Eat up!
every time i go on vacation--the one thing i want when i get back is to sit in my pjs and eat a nice bowl of cereal with cold milk...so way to go!
Andrew would probably enjoy living at your house. he loves cereal.
I like cereal, but I don't like milk.
That's a good deal though...hmmmm...I wonder if the sale is still on.
Haha! I bought 16 boxes. Though... you didn't get any fruity pebbles???
Way to go! I'm laughing so much! You guys are awesome!
Man! Why don't they have those kind of sales in Las Vegas? That is a lot of cereal!!!! Let us know how long those boxes last!
I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only cereal enthusiast around. We'll have to have a cereal party sometime.
Post a Comment