Friday evening was Karris and Jonathan's wedding. They got married at the home of a friend who has a very nice property. Since they liked the engagement pictures I took for them, they asked me to take wedding pictures for them as well. This turned out to be a more difficult task than I had though it would be, mostly because I didn't have a voice. It was gone when I woke up Friday morning and didn't return until Saturday evening. So, I had the challenge of trying to get people who couldn't hear me to follow my instructions. Nate tried to help by listening to my whispers and then announcing them to everyone else. However, that was simply not ideal, and I often felt like I was playing telephone with my subjects. Despite this, I still ended up with a lot of nice pictures, and everyone seemed happy.

Jonathan and Karris with the Scott family.

Jonathan with his niece and all his nephews.



This was just a funny picture of our nephew Scotty, who made a face at me as I released the shutter.









It was definitely a unique sort of wedding, but then Jonathan and Karris are pretty unique people. Who else has a wedding bouquet and boutonniere made of broccoli? And wedding cakes made by family members for a cake competition judged by the bride and groom?
But then, I know Jonathan's goal was for the wedding to not be boring. I must say that he and Karris succeeded on that point.


This "cake" was made by Karris' father and step-mother. Notice the custom made bobble heads of the bride and groom they had made for the center piece.

This was our cake. It didn't turn out much like we originally planned. We almost didn't make one when we discovered that there would be more than enough cake without ours. However, under the pressure of family members, we tried making a much smaller and simpler one than we planned a few hours before the wedding. This did not give us enough time to really make it look very good, and then the frosting melted on our way to the wedding in our air-conditioning free car. We managed to patch it up there. It definitely didn't look the best, but the raspberry filled lemon cake did taste really good. And it spun! Jonathan explained in the competition rules that any cake that could levitate would automatically win. After filtering through various ideas, we decided we didn't have the time or means to make ours levitate, but we could make it spin, so we went with that. Apparently between the spinning and the taste, it worked, because we were awarded the groom's choice award for our cake.

Our prize for the cake was this creme brulee set (because Jonathan likes making fire). Plus, like all other contributors to the wedding, we got these bottles of juice soda with pictures of the bride and groom on them.

The sunset that evening was amazing!
At the end of the night, Jonathan and Karris rode off on an ATV streaming toilet paper. So romantic.
I spent most of the next day editing, organizing, and burning CDs of wedding pictures. We also went to In and Out burger for lunch and to a ward party (at the same family's house the wedding was at) for dinner.
4 comments:
A cake competition!? What an awesome idea! Truthfully it looks like it was a really fun wedding!
Broccoli and all. :)
Wow, that is a really unique wedding. But looks like you took some great pictures to capture their personalities.
Sounds like a fun wedding.
And In and Out... I'm jealous!
Post a Comment