Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally Finished!

I guess I don't usually post my artwork here on our blog, but I am just so happy to have finished this piece, I decided to go ahead and post it here anyway. (Besides, we haven't had a lot else to post about lately. Mostly we have just been working, so I guess I might as well post about my work. Right?)

This was a commissioned painting of the Alpine area during the fall. I started getting reference for it and doing studies last October. I started painting the final at the tail end of December, and I managed to finish it about a week ago. It probably is one of the most detailed paintings I have done. Painting so many tiny trees and houses took forever.

Alpine in the Fall from Cemetery Hill, 18 x 9 inches, Oil on Canvas

It looks better in person, but that is almost always the case with photographing artwork. In any case, here are some detail shots:




7 comments:

jeanine said...

Rebecca that is amazing!!! Way to go!

Amy F. P. said...

Wow Rebecca! That is an amazing piece. I love all the detail. I can see why it would have taken so long.

Angela said...

Beautiful Rebeeca! I'm glad that you're still painting and still loving it!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

So wonderful!! Amazing work!!

mcampbell said...

Rebecca--that is simply beautiful. Congratulations on finishing a big project and on being so darn talented.:)

Cambria said...

All I can say is . . .WOW! I kept seeing your gmail status as "painting lots of tiny trees" or "still painting". I'm very happy for you and CONGRATS!!!!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous. Keep posting your paintings here!