Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Halloween Celebrations


Last Friday Nate, Austin, and I headed down to my parent's place for my family's annual Halloween party. We enjoyed dinner, pumpkin carving, dressing up, doughnuts, and the movie The Spiral Staircase.


 Nate and I carved the bird cage jack-o-lantern. My brother Allan carved the "lantern," my two aunts carved the cat, and my parents carved the demonic looking pig.


This year Nate and I dressed as tourists and we dressed Austin as a shark. It took me while to make his little costume, but we think it turned out pretty well. We decided the scariest costume though was worn by my brother Nathan, who dressed as an Occupy Wall Street protester.



Saturday morning my dad, Allan, Nate, Zipper and I hiked along the Curly Springs trail that goes across the front of Big Baldy. The height of the fall colors was over, but things were still very pretty, and there were a lot of nice views along the trail.


 

Battle Creek Fall

Saturday evening Nate, Austin, and I went to our ward's Halloween dinner and Trunk-or-Treat. It was alright, but we are hoping that if they do it again, they figure out a better way to serve the dinner so that people are not stuck waiting in line for 45 minutes to get their food.

Not much happened here Monday evening. We only got a handful of trick-or-treaters. Not very many kids live on our street, and only a very few seem to make it here from the surrounding neighborhoods. I am looking forward to taking Austin trick-or-treating when he gets a little older though.

2 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

I love the tourist Halloween costume with the shark. Very clever.

Angela said...

Great job on making the shark costume! I'm sure you'll love taking him out trick-or-treating becaus ethen you get candy, too; it's part of being a parent. :)