He passed away on December 29th.
His funeral was held this last Tuesday.
![]() |
| Grandpa, Austin, & Grandma |
I do know that he loved his family though. He loved my grandma. He loved his children and his grandchildren too. He loved having the family get together and share their talents. He was a good man...a man of integrity. Things will be very different without him around.
I also should mention my grandma, who has had her hands full for quite some time now selflessly caring for both my grandpa and my great aunt.
![]() |
| Aunt Janet and my dad's brother, Uncle David |
After the funeral, Austin spent some time with his second cousin Grace:
This last picture was taken the last time I saw Grandpa before he passed away. We were at the annual program my family has every year before Christmas.
Grandpa Peaden is the first of my grandparents to pass away. It just feels so strange to me. I guess 2011 was just a strange and crazy year though...at least for us. So much has happened and changed. Austin was born. My cockatiel Boots passed away. Our good friend Wes passed away. Nate's grandpa passed away, and so did mine. My parrot that I had reserved to take home after the holidays passed away too a couple weeks before we were to get him. Honestly, it hasn't exactly been the easiest year.
But, in the words of one of my old favorites, it "Could be Worse."








1 comment:
Sorry about your Grandpa... and the rough year you've had! I don't know many people who had a great 2011... so I'm determined that 2012 will be fantastic!
Post a Comment