After meeting with the Eclectus last Saturday, we decided to take him. Arrangements were made, and he arrived here at our home Monday.
He is slowly warming up to us, but he is still a bit wary of his new home. He has had a lot of change going on in his life recently, which is really hard on parrots.
I am so excited to have him though. He is such a beautiful bird! And he is lots of fun too. The first day he was here I brought him up to the studio for a bit. I hadn't heard him say anything yet at that point. I had my back turned from him momentarily when suddenly I heard a clear voice say "Hi!" I was so startled that I jumped, and then I realized it was our new bird.
We have found that he actually says all sorts of things, and makes all sorts of noises. Some things he says are: Hi, Hello, Whatcha' doing? Who's There? Come here, Bye, Pretty bird, Thank you, What?, and a number of other things. Some of it is more clear than others. He also makes lots of noises. He can whistle, laugh, sound like a siren, and make some funny digitized sounding noises. At some point he was also taught to make lots of animal sounds, and sometimes he sounds like a jungle. He honks, makes other birds' sounds, calls like a monkey, and so forth. I have also heard him say "rib-it" and "meow." He also can make some really annoying sounds, like a really terrible sound that reminds us of fingernails on a chalkboard. But overall, it is pretty fun and entertaining.We still are trying to decide on a name though, so let us know if you have any ideas!



5 comments:
That is a beautiful bird. What a fun pet especially with all the things he can say.
That's awesome!! Congrats on the new beautiful bird!
Such a beautiful deep green color! Hopefully Austin's warming up to the bird...it might be startling to a baby to hear all those sounds!
Wow, he is a beautiful bird. I don't think I could handle all the sounds though--I'm too jumpy!
How fun! I love how bright and colorful he is!
Post a Comment