Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Father's Day

We had some fun celebrating Father's Day this year. We started things out with a homemade waffle breakfast.  Then we went to church as usual. Austin dressed up very nicely for the occasion.


That evening we had a delicious dinner at my grandparents' house with my family. Then we gave out some gifts to the fathers in the room.


This is the shirt that Austin "helped" pick out for his dad


For my dad, I cut out a key chain that says "DAD" and packaged it in a crown box.



Here's all the "men" in the family

Unfortunately, I didn't quite finish everything I had planned in time for Father's Day, so a couple things were a little late. Like the "pusher" I made for Nate, which is a tool designed to push wood across the table saw.



And somehow I originally forgot to give Nate these funny glasses cut from a free design I ran across online.


I am so grateful for my own dad. He has been and continues to be a good example to me. He is always trying to learn new things and I frequently find him to be a great source of all sorts of good information on a variety of scientific and nature topics.

And it is wonderful to have a husband who is also such a good dad to Austin. It shows too; Austin loves being with and spending time with his dad for a good reason. I am grateful that my husband can be a good dad and a great example to our kids.

No comments: