Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Allan's Wedding

My brother Allan got married in the Houston, Texas Temple on August 24 to Kathryn Christiansen.

Just out of the temple

Ben and Gramp

Bride & Groom with my immediate family

Bride & Groom with the Groom's Parents
 
Bride & Groom with our aunts

Allan is the first of my siblings to get married. He had a very short engagement of about a month and a half, and I really don't know his bride very well. Having him married now will take some getting used to, but I am glad he is happy and hope for the best for him and his new wife.

A reception was held for the newly weds that evening at a church. They had a nice looking wedding cake, but I was a particular fan of how the "groom's cake" was dressed up!

Wedding Cake

"Groom's Cake"

Cutting the cake

 As close family, Nate and Ben were groomsmen and I was a bridesmaid.



Allan with the groomsmen

(The picture of Katie and the bridesmaids we took didn't turn out that great; I may add one here later if I find someone else with a better one.)


First Dance

We liked this street lamp sign that was used for decoration

We actually flew into Texas Friday and left Sunday afternoon. In many respects, I wish I had had a little more time there to try seeing old friends and visiting places I loved when we lived there. We did manage to squeeze in a couple visits though. After arriving Friday we stopped by to see my old friend Angela.

Angela & me with her two children Bradley and Kayla

Saturday between the sealing and the reception, we drove down to Sugar Land to just drive through the old neighborhood we used to live in. We stopped at our old house and talked to the Hyatts, who once were our neighbors across the street. They still live in the same house they did years ago while we were there.

My parents with the Hyatts

There are a lot of things I miss about Texas, and it was fun to be back there again, even if only briefly.

No comments: