Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dirty Dash

Every year around January, Rebecca makes me set goals for myself.  I usually make some sort of fitness-related goal that I am perfectly ok with failing.   This year though, I had an idea for a fitness goal that I might actually accomplish and not have to work too hard for: complete an obstacle race.  (Yes, I know.  It's very underwhelming, but I did actually have to train for it).

Rebecca finally convinced me I should start jogging around June or so.  I was pretty pathetic when I started, but after a few months of slight dedication and irregular training...I was still pretty pathetic.  I didn't start looking for races until August, so the only easy one I found nearby was the Dirty Dash.  The whole 'get-super-dirty-while-running' thing wasn't really what I was after; I was more interested in the obstacles to break up the running.  The dirty dash was ok as far as obstacles go but none of them were really that exciting or strenuous.  The huge slide was the funnest and the hardest one was actually the cold shower after the finish line! 

Anyway, here are some photos of the race.









No comments: