I have been working for awhile on a wedding gift for my brother Allan and his wife Katie. Because it was so involved, I also counted it as their Christmas and birthday gifts for the year. We gave it to them right before we left for our trip on Allan's birthday.
Since it was a gift for a number of occasions, we wrapped it accordingly in layers, with separate gift tags/cards for each layer:
Basically, I made them a wooden plaque with a picture of the Houston Temple and their names and wedding date. I designed it based on a picture then cut it out from hard maple using the scroll saw. It is mounted on walnut. This project seemed to take me forever. I actually had quite a few troubles while making it, but they still liked it which is the important thing.





2 comments:
Oh! So that's why it was wrapped three times! I didn't catch that at the time. We love this and have it sitting on our entertainment center. Thanks!
So beautiful! Great details, Rebecca, and this is truly a treasure.
Post a Comment