This last weekend Nate and I were able to go hiking together. We decided to head up a trail we hadn't tried before, and so we hiked up Burch Creek Canyon. I was hoping our timing would be good for seeing the fall colors. As we started off, I wasn't sure we would be successful in this since everything still seemed very green. Regardless, it was still very pleasant with the babbling creek right next to much of the path and lots of shade from the trees overhead.As we continued on though, we started to see more yellows and other signs of fall.
And as we went up even further, more reds and oranges appeared too! Between the fall colors, the soft warm light filtering through the trees, and the creek spilling down over rocks, the scenery was almost magical.
Occasional openings through the trees gave us views of the colorful slopes to the side of us as well.
We also found a few snakes along the trail. At least a couple of them were definitely rattlesnakes. So, apparently a lot of rattlers like this canyon too.
The path also narrowed as we went and became increasingly overgrown. I am not sure how far up the canyon the actual trail exists, but it was getting more difficult to follow when we had to turn back about two miles up the canyon. It looked like only about the first mile of the trail is well used.












1 comment:
Pretty!
Post a Comment