Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Valentine's Day

It's that time of year again when the sweet smell of baking fills the air (in our kitchen at least) and our lucky neighbors and friends wait by the door for their "surprise" door-bell-ditched-because-we-go-to-too-many-houses-to-chat sugar cookies!  Austin got to help frost and decorate his personal allotment of cookies with a germ-segregated bowl of icing and a knife he could lick as often as desired.


I was also delighted, once again, to find a giant cookie of my very own.  That's how I'm sure Rebecca still loves me.


Our other annual tradition of sending Valentines's Day cards is also going strong.  With the yearly background checks required for adoption home studies, we're pretty used to getting fingerprinted.  So our cards this year featured them.


You may have caught on to our scheduled rotation of duties for the special Valentine's Day dinner and date as well.  This year, Rebecca was assigned the dinner, and I the date.  She somehow prepared a delicious lasagna while frantically packaging and delivering cookies.  For dessert, she make these awesome jelly-filled puff-pastry things. 


For our date that weekend, I took her to the Banff Mountain Film Festival in Ogden.  It was a showing of several different adventurous documentary-type films.

Now, on to the portion of the blog you've all been waiting for.  "What over-the-top masterpiece did Rebecca create this year!" you are surely asking yourselves.  Well, without any further ado, here they are! 

Neopolitan-scented cold-processed soap with heart motifs

Exquisite home-made card

Four-layer, museum-grade scroll-saw puzzle

The puzzle is hard! It's taken me 3 sessions of 2-3 hours each and I've only completed 2 of the 4 layers!  And I've had to cheat by looking at the photograph!  At least it gives me an excuse for why I haven't written in my journal...in the past several months....

This was my card to Rebecca.  Nothing extravagant.  Just a google search for "adventure" and some text slapped on.  The inside said "Happy Valentine's Day to the most romantic wife ever!"  She thought it was worth adding to the blog...so I guess that means it was good enough.




1 comment:

heath said...

I'm seriously amazed at how you guys go all out for holidays, Valentine's in particular. Everything looks amazing!