Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Austin's Piano Recital

 
A couple weeks ago, Austin played at his first piano recital. He has been taking piano lessons for a while from a talented young pianist in our ward who is the sister of one of his good friends. She has generously offered Austin her lessons for free as she tries out teaching. Her mom also teaches a lot of piano students, so everyone else playing at the recital was one of her mom's students.

Austin with his piano teacher

He worked really hard on his piece, and it was fun to watch him play it at the recital. Unfortunately, our camera battery died at just the wrong time, so we weren't able to record him playing at the actual recital. It was particularly sad to me that I wasn't able to record his bow...I guess he didn't quite understand that he was supposed to be facing the audience when he bowed. Instead, he bowed to the piano with his back to the audience and made everyone laugh. At least we did record him playing his piece at home though.


2 comments:

Amy F. P. said...

He did awesome! I'm impressed he's already taking lessons!

heath said...

I didn't know he was taking lessons. That's awesome. So cool that she's getting experience and you guys are the beneficiaries with free lessons!