Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Some April Birthdays

Nate, being the awesome husband he is, made sure that my birthday was special. He surprised me with a boquet of vibrate flowers when he got home from work, brightened our kitchen with some decorations, made a shrimp dinner for me that evening, and finished off making and decorating a chocolate mint Oreo cake for the occasion. Yep. I know...don't be jealous, but he is the best husband ever.




We had a birthday party with extended family for Austin and me on Austin's birthday. He came up with his own idea for the cake based on the Easter cake my sister-in-law makes. Austin's idea was to have a chocolate cake with caramel frosting and caramel M&M's all over. Unfortunately, the M&M's didn't really stick for long, but it was a fun cake nevertheless.







Austin got all sorts of cool stuff - books to read, toy food, paints and brushes, clothes, a new game, a movie, storage containers, and a pajama monster to keep his pajamas in. I also lucked out. I even got Alistair in Outer Space. I love the Alistair books. They were childhood favorites...but unfortunately, they are no longer in print. So sad!




We always let the birthday person pick out their choice of meal for their birthday as well, but since we had a big family dinner on Austin's actual birthday, we did his chosen meal a different night. He wanted breakfast for dinner: French toast with hash browns, fruit, and sausage. He got a couple more gifts from us after we did his actual birthday dinner as well.


Austin is a pretty awesome kid, though I might be a bit biased in that regard. We feel really fortunate to have him as part of our family. I have been meaning forever to do some sort of annual interview with him on or close to his birthday, but up until now, I never have. This year I decided to start. Hopefully I can continue it in years to come, but here is this year's interview:

How old are you? 7 years old
What makes you happy? Emma playing with me
What are you really good at? coloring
What’s your favorite animal? giraffes
What is your favorite food? candy
What do you love to do? Paint with my new paints
What do you want to do when you grow up? Be an artist, engineer, and construction worker
What’s your favorite toy/thing? Legos
What is your favorite color? Pink, purple, and white
What’s your favorite song? "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam"
What’s your favorite movie? Cars 3
What’s your favorite book? The Cam Jansen Series
What’s your favorite TV show? "Dinotrucks"
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike to the playground
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Strawberry and Cookies n’ Cream
Who do you admire and why? Jesus and Mom. Jesus was an example of everything and Mom teaches me schoolwork.
Who is/are your best friend(s)? Emma and Mimi
What is your best memory? Going to Rocky Mountain National Park and staying in a cabin
What are you grateful for? God’s creations, like the animals and fish and birds
What are you afraid of? Tigers and sharks
What do you like to do to help someone else? Make them dinner and give it to them
If you could have a wish, what would it be? To have Emma as part of our family. And for a toy cutting machine (like Mom’s digital die cutter)
What do you like most about your mom? She teaches me at home instead of sending me to public school.
What do you like most about your dad? He fixes dinner for me when Mom isn’t here. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? I would go to Australia because we have been learning about it and I want to explore more things there.

No comments: