A couple weeks ago I headed up to Blackhawk to ride. It was nice to have more time to spend up there than I did last year. Instead of riding for just a couple hours, we rode for about five.
This year I rode Kiss, who I haven't even seen for a few years now. She is one of the horses I first learned to ride on. She is now 25, which is pretty old for a horse. I was impressed with how well she is doing for her age. She has always been a mover; she doesn't like standing still. Apparently despite her age, she still doesn't like to just stand there. Whenever we stopped, she still felt the need to move her feet, so I did a lot of circling and pivoting.It was a pretty overcast day. It rained a little bit on us, but not too much. But the nice thing was that is wasn't too hot.
Unfortunately the other horse I usually ride, Kane, passed away in the beginning of June from colic. He was only 15. He is the horse I am on in this post and this post. (He was also the horse who was once responsible for squashing my foot, and who at another time caused me to sprain my ankle.) He was a good horse and will be missed.



No comments:
Post a Comment